Where to Start
Learn where to start, what HTML and CSS are, and how to use them to make a web page.
- You don't know what HTML files or HTML tags are, or why they are needed:
- See what HTML is to learn how files, tags and attributes make up HTML.
- You know that you need a HTML file, but don't know what to put in it:
- See which essential tags are needed to create your first web page.
- You have created a page, but it looks empty and you want to add things to it:
- View some examples or see some basic tags that you can add.
- Your new page looks a little dull or boring, and you want to get creative:
- Find out how style sheets or text formatting tags can change how elements look.
- Your blog has some text and a few links, but you want to display something neatly:
- Check out how lists or tables can be used to structure data on a page.
- You've heard about HTML, but don't know what CSS is or where it fits:
- See What is CSS to learn how style sheets can change how a page looks.
- You've been shown some HTML code, and want to understand the tags used:
- See the HTML Cheat Sheet to learn how style sheets can change how a page looks.